Sunday, February 15, 2009

POTW [2/9-2/15:2009] Ferret Day

Yeah, we're starting this. Staff, fall in line! (POTW: Picks of the Week (Your favorite thing posted here this week overall + Your favorite thing posted on another blog... Or any other things you care to share.)) This will be an every Sunday thing from now on.

Ferret Day is something I've been celebrating for... make this four years now. It's February 15th and all you have to do is live it up and carry your day in a very ferretty way - whatever that may look like for you. For me it's usually taking naps and being more cheerful and outgoing than normal. Now, without further ado...
Here:
Sumner McKane - North
I just got this CD in the mail recently - The copy here is my own rip - and I've been listening to it in the shower every morning, it just keeps getting better and better. (That Euphrates album was pretty refreshing though, as well.)
Elsewhere:
Saltillo - Ganglion from Holyfuckingshit40000
Actually just found this a few hours ago but it's just so great. It's described as Modern Classical Meets Trip-Hop, but check out track 4, "A Simple Test" to see what Drum n Bass thrown in their sounds like.

On our very own RHSS, this week's highlight for me was Mick's Old Man Doom discography.
It's been a LONG time since I've heard any metal I enjoyed. They were bound to be good, one of the dudes in OMG is in Isis as well. Anything Isis related = awesome. Not so sludgy, just as epic.

The Mercury Program, from Music For The Masses.
The discography of a fantastic post-rock band. Their sound is very..clear and cool sounding, music that's reminiscent of cool spring days. I grabbed everything I didn't already have, you should too.


For me, I think I'll also go with Sumner McKane - North on the home front, as it is pretty nice after all...  But I don't think I can decide on anything specific from elsewhere (at the moment, anyways) so I'll just pretend I picked one out and then tell you later. 

1 comment:

  1. Great! keep this thing coming guys. Really enjoyed everything posted out there.

    ReplyDelete