We were all pretty lazy this week for the most part. We were all over the French bands this week, though.
Here: I was going to say the No Luck Club post, but then I finally listened to the Sed Non Satiata / Daïtro Split... It's such a toss-up, I really can't choose.
Elsewhere: Definitely the new Irepress album @ Ribs Out. It's such a cool blend of progressive, psychedelic, and sludge metal.
'Round these parts this week,the new Celeste easily makes my pick. I was never too into them before. But man, Misanthrope(s) has really opened up their sound for me. And Denovali are kind enough to offer it as a free download, too! Dudes know how to get the word out.
I was also going to post Irepress @ Ribs Out to be my pick from other places, because it really is stunning, but, alas, Mick has stolen it. So instead, I'm going for the new Wixel album, Winter. From the same blog, but very much a contrast to the Irepress also posted there. Really chill acoustic guitary ambient-type stuff, the 'January' album, as Wixel is planning to put out an album every month this year. Here's to eleven more!
Late again, whoops! Anyways, I was pretty busy, so I suppose I have an excuse... this time. Anyways, I think the album I enjoyed most this week from us was The Tallest Man On Earth - Shallow Grave, which Nat posted. Actually I think I've enjoyed pretty much all the folksy posts we've had here, so I'm not exactly going out on a limb here... but we need more.
Elsewhere, I quite enjoyed that Emancipator album from hfs40k... but I don't think it will get cold enough here.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment