Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Jóhann Jóhannsson - Fordlandia

▲ Last.fm Link
Myspace Link
Buy It Link



Jóhann Jóhannsson - Fordlandia [2008]
classical, electronic
v0

A really beautiful album. Thanks to BBC's Horizon it makes me think of giant suns. Very quiet in a places, completely epic in others.

01 Fordlandia (13:43)
02 Melodia (i) (1:56)
03 The Rocket Builder (Io Pan!) (6:25)
04 Melodia (ii) (1:49)
05 Fordlandia - Aerial View (4:33)
06 Melodia (iii) (3:12)
07 Chimaerica (3:23)
08 Melodia (iv) (2:45)
09 The Great God Pan Is Dead (4:56)
10 Melodia (Guidelines For A Propulsion Device Based On Heim's Quantum Theory) (9:04)
11 How We Left Fordlandia (15:25)

2 comments:

  1. Lovely album, be sure to check out his previous work "IBM 1401 A User's Manual" if you haven't already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check that one out, I've got another one of his and it's not that one.

    PS. this post is secretly a repost:
    http://raptorhideout.blogspot.com/2008/11/jhann-jhannsson-fordlandia.html
    It's worth it, and that link is long-dead anyway... I think.

    ReplyDelete