Sunday, June 14, 2009

Peter Mulvey - Deep Blue

▲ Last.fm Link
Myspace Link
Buy It Link (Out of print on CD. Digital only.)


Photobucket

Peter Mulvey - Deep Blue [1997]
folk, rock, singer-songwriter
160


Hello. I'm new here. I'm Luke. I have my own colour. It's all rather intimidating.

Peter Mulvey is a guitarist and songwriter from Wisconsin. He's been a contender for my favourite artist since my older brother introduced him to me (first on CD and later in person) several years ago. This is his "try it all" album. The delicate guitar work and evocative lyrics he's best known for with an unusually liberal helping of David Goodrich's excellent electric guitar. I can't recommend this enough.


01. Grace (4:10)
02. Smoke (4:29)
03. Midwife (4:45)
04. Take This (3:38)
05. No Sense of Humor (3:39)
06. Deep Blue (4:49)
07. Every Mother's Son (4:38)
08. Birgit (3:23)
09. Out Here (4:08)
10. Clap Hands [Tom Waits cover] (4:10)
11. Forever Nightshade Mary (2:33)


No comments:

Post a Comment