Saturday, June 20, 2009

Low - Drums and Guns [mixed]

▲ Last.fm Link
Myspace Link
Buy It Link

Photobucket

Low - Drums and Guns [2007]
indie rock
320


I'm going to assume you all know this album intimately. I'm going to assume you agree it's a masterpiece. I'm going to assume that you consider the decision to hard-pan the vocals into the right channel a brave one. I'm going to assume that while you respect them for that brave decision you know it was, in reality, a terrible idea and you fear for their collective mental health for going through with it. It is to that extent that I've taken the liberty of mirroring the vocals. It's generally an extremely well produced album, and some things are supposed to be in their own corner of the soundstage. That's tarnished somewhat. But, hey, at least you can listen to it on the bus now, right?


01 Pretty People (3:00)
02 Belarus (3:17)
03 Breaker (2:53)
04 Dragonfly (3:44)
05 Sandinista (2:22)
06 Always Fade (3:57)
07 Dust on the Window (4:12)
08 Hatchet (2:18)
09 Your Poison (1:13)
10 Take Your Time (4:17)
11 In Silence (2:46)
12 Murderer (3:43)
13 Violent Past (3:37)


No comments:

Post a Comment