Thursday, May 7, 2009

Woods - How To Survive In / In The Woods

▲ Last.fm Link
Myspace Link
Buy It Link


Woods - How To Survive In / In The Woods [2007]
folk, lo-fi
v2

This band has made my week completely not suck. Good going, dudes.

(I just made this exact same post, left the house for a while, and then finished publishing it, only to come and find Nat posted the very same thing while I was gone, with the same tags and everything. I chuckled.)

Woods is just/just great. It is the words lo-fi embodied in music. Has a very Grouper or Pocahaunted feel to it, while also being very Iron and Wine uppity folk goodness. It's quite a trip and pleasant. People who call it "psychedelic" can shove it.


01 Holes (1:59)
02 Kid's Got Heart (2:45)
03 How To Survive In (3:16)
04 8-5 5-10 (1:59)
05 Silence Is Golden (3:17)
06 Keep It On (3:18)
07 God Hates The Faithless (4:01)
08 Angel's Trumpet (5:01)
09 Broke (2:45)
10 I Get By (1:50)
11 In The Woods (3:05)
12 Make Time For Kitty (3:20)
13 Holier Than No One (5:06)

1 comment: